Tips on muscle building are far too common. This article highlights the 5 MAIN principles needed for building muscle fast. If you incorporate these 5 tips on muscle building into your lifestyle you will gain muscle unlike ever before. The 5 principles are:
- eating right
- sleeping right
- progressive overloading
- the importance of intensity
- hormonal balance
Lets get started shall we?
- The 1st of the 5 tips on muscle building is eating right. The reason why eating right is the most important tip is because even with a crappy workout schedule a great meal plan will help you pack on muscle, while even the best workout routine won’t add a pound of muscle to your body without good nutrition. Eating right in body-building terms includes consuming a high amount of calories, about 20 for every pound of body weight.
Of this high caloric intake, a large portion should be from protein sources like chicken, fish, beef, eggs, and milk. Supplements really help with this too. The rest of those calories should come in the form of good-quality carbohydrates and oils. Vitamins, Minerals, and lots of water are also key components of eating right. This is the most important of the 5 tips on muscle building so make sure you get it down right.
- Sleeping right makes up tip #2 of the 5 tips on muscle building. The old knowledge that you grow in your sleep, or while you rest is actually gold knowledge. Nothing can be truer. Make sure you rest a lot when trying to pack on muscle. You must give your body ample time to heal, repair, and grow. Getting sufficient rest also helps with your hormonal balance and when we reach number 5 of the tips on muscle building you will know just how important hormonal balance is.
- Now we move into the work out zone with a discussion of progressive overloading. This is a fancy way of saying do more in the gym that you did last time. This simple act is what causes your muscle fibers to tear and what triggers your muscle into growth. It is a simple adaptation. You push your body to do more than it has done before, and your body then changes so that in future it will be able to do what you demand of it.
- Still, on the workout section of the 5 tips on muscle building, tip 4 focuses on workout intensity. Any bodybuilder or athlete for that matter will tell you that you must work out with intensity. Whether it is more reps, more sets, more weight, fewer breaks between sets, or just a more intense attitude, all these will result in greater intensity in your workouts. Let’s put it this way. Increasing intensity is the thing that yells out to your body that something crazy is going on and it has to do something about it. Progressive overloading is a component of workout intensity.
5 tips on muscle building coming to an end. The 5th tip focuses on something very rarely touched on by other information sources. The growth of your muscles is controlled by hormone levels in your blood. High testosterone is what you really want. Some people try to accomplish this with steroids. Don’t worry though, there are plenty of non-steroid ways to elevate your testosterone levels. Insulin-Growth-Factor-1 or IGF-1 is another hormone that you can’t get enough of. Insulin, cortisol, and a few other hormones all play a huge role in your muscle-building endeavors. You must understand that your hormonal balance will dictate your body’s muscle gaining capability.
We hope the 5 tips on muscle building in this article gave you some great insight into the most important things required to build a significant amount of muscle in a short time. While most articles focus on tips on muscle building centered around exercises, this article gets an all-around view, from nutrition, rest, hormonal balance, and the workout aspect too. These are the main tips on muscle building you will need. Focus on these and you will grow.